If you like to spend your free time gaming or gambling online, you aren’t alone. Video gamers spent an average of 6.5 hours per week playing with others online, and 4.5 hours with others in person, during 2016, per NewZoo. Statista reports that the online gambling industry will from 20.5 billion in 2009 to 59.79 billion by 2020.
Sourced from Unsplash
That’s a lot of time, and money, spent playing games and rolling the proverbial dice. Why not make a little cash while you’re at it? Here are some ideas for making money while you game and gamble online:
Gaming Monetization Tips and Tricks
Not all of us can get rich from day trading, so why not take a shot at gaming? Whether you are into retro favorites or the latest multi-player role playing games, there is an audience who will either want to play against you or watch you play. Social gaming platforms like Twitch have become incredibly popular around the world. Countries like the US and Japan are leaders in terms of the number of users. You may think this isn’t a legitimate way to earn extra money but you would be wrong. Some Twitch influencers are making millions of dollars a year playing video games.
You don’t necessarily have to be the best gamer to capture followers, either. To start, you will just need to ensure you have the equipment to capture video of yourself playing and a PayPal account to collect money.
There are several ways to make money while you game. Here are a few:
- Add a donation button for viewers to send you cash via your channel. Some players have received large donations from strangers who enjoy watching them play.
- Apply to be a Twitch partner. This program is said to be a key to earning revenue. Once you are a Twitch Partner, Twitch will pay you $2.50 a month for each subscriber you gain as well as “bits” which are worth money for each “like” or video viewed.
- Use social media. Post videos of your gaming on sites like Facebook and YouTube to promote yourself. Once you have a lot of subscribers on a channel like YouTube, you can make money from pre-roll ads or even sponsored videos.
Online Gambling Tips and Tricks
Maybe you aren’t much of a gamer and prefer to play your odds at a casino like www.slotsheaven.com/ca/payment-methods/idebit/. Online casinos are one of the best places to play your favourite casino games like poker, blackjack and slots, without the smoke and loud noise. While it may not be ideal for everyone, playing online games can be an excellent place to make extra cash.
Here are some tips to maximizing your chance of winning when you play online poker games like Texas Hold’em:
- Look for casino sites or apps with the best bonuses.
- Play progressive games. Why limit your chance of winning? When you play progressive casino games, you have the chance to win in the current pull or hand, as well as a larger jackpot that is accumulating from what other players are putting in the pot too. Video slots can accumulate large progressive jackpots, you want to target these machines in order to get the most out of video poker and slots.
- Consider tournaments. Many online poker tournaments have small buy ins but offer large winnings. You can show off your gambling skills while potentially earning more than you would without the tournament aspect. Why wouldn’t you want more chances to win some money?
If you enjoy gaming or gambling as a hobby, why not give yourself the opportunity to earn some real money doing it?