In November, Chinese phone manufacturer Huawei announced their highest specced phone to date, the upcoming Mate 8. On-paper specifications do look mighty impressive. The Huawei Mate 8 is now available for sale, with the promise of better performance and battery life. The device features the new Kirin 950 processor and i5 coprocessor, and Android Marshmallow, a 4,000mAh battery and carries the promise of an awesome camera.
The Mate 8’s body is made from aluminum and 2.5D curved glass. It has a higher screen-to-body ratio than the Mate 7 and slimmer dimensions.
Here’s the sting in the tail. The Mate 8 is currently only available for the Chinese market, but knowing a certain member of our team (you know who you are Matteo), I think we may get one imported in to review.
Full device Specs :-
- Size: 157.1 x 80.6 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 185g
- Display: 6-inch Full HD 1080p IPS-NEO LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 950
- Memory 32GB internal storage with 3GB RAM, 64 or 128GB internal storage with 4GB RAM, expandable: microSD up to 128GB
- Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Compass sensor, Gyro sensor
- Location: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, BDS, A-GPS
- Connectivity Bluetooth 4.2, Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4+5GHz), Wifi Direct, FM Radio
- Main Camera: 16 MP with OIS, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED/dual-tone flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP, 1080p
- Battery: Li-Poly 4000 mAh battery
Source Android Pit